"Bob" is our reference to the strange happenings in our house as of recently. I'm not saying it's a ghost, spirit, entity, or whatever your reference is of such a being, but man does "Bob" give me chills sometimes!
This all started last week when my husband got a call from one of our Guild members from WoW (World of Warcraft - yes, we both play! I don't get to as much as I would like, but I still love it!) So, anyway, he asks if my husband was currently playing WoW. It was EARLY, but he was already at work! Apparently somebody had been on his account for a couple of hours!! Obviously, those of you that are familiar with the game know that people hack accounts all the time. My husband's HAS been hacked before, so that wouldn't be that odd - except he has an Authenticator on his account (as do I), which definitely makes it more secure. I'm sure there are way around it, and this moment seemed like one of those times. So, he goes in to check it out, and the "hacker" didn't steal anything, spend his gold, etc. In fact, he had MORE stuff. So, it's definitely not "typical" of a hacker, but hey, maybe they're generous! haha So he calls to get it all straightened out to see what happened and how somebody got on his account since he has an authenticator. They were completely puzzled. Not because somebody got into his account, but because that "somebody" did it from HIS computer. Whoever logged into his account and played for a couple of hours did so from the same IP address. It obviously wasn't me. I have my own account, so that wouldn't even make sense. Could it have been our 5 year old? I highly doubt it. He knows how to use a computer, but that would be pretty extreme! haha So we're just as confused as they are! He called again another time to verify that his authenticator was ok, and they told him the same thing - that the activity was from his computer! CRAZY! So we started making jokes that "Bob" must've been on his computer playing WoW.
So that situation was definitely perplexing. We just can't figure it out, so we just kept making that joke. Well, later on in the week creepy things started happening. This is an old house, and it makes a lot of noises, and it took a bit, but I've gotten used to them. I've seen the way air pressure works and what doors may close or open based on air pressure. Well, the laundry room door is not one of them. I can see the door from my computer. I heard a noise in the laundry room - and watched the door shut. o.0 So that was a little creepy to me! My husband went in there to see what fell or whatever to make that noise and saw nothing out of the ordinary - besides the fact that the door was now closed, of course.
Moving on to the other night... so I do get spooked easily. If somebody comes up behind me, and I don't see them that FREAKS ME OUT. It's that "element of surprise" type. As far as seeing "crazy" things and whatnot it doesn't always freak me out. But seriously, the other night I was TOTALLY on edge. We'd already been hearing some weird noises though weren't sure where they were coming from. Both computers were on, so it easily could have been something on one of them. But after my husband went to bed I stayed up longer holding sleeping mooselion on my lap and playing silly games on Facebook... kind of like tonight! haha I heard some noises and just wasn't sure what it was. Then I clearly heard "momma, momma." It was not one of our children's voices! Creepy! After getting over the intial creeps I realized it must be one of the princess's baby dolls, though I could not figure out which doll even sounds like that at that moment, so I still felt kind of creeped out. So at that point I went to bed! I even felt so jittery I didn't want to go back out of the room to get something I forgot! Then, around 3 am I heard talking. It sounded like the princess - and she is definitely one that talks in her sleep (and screams and other random things that she does while sound asleep). But this was just so different. I don't know how to explain it! It just really gave me a creepy feeling. After I finally started dozing off my stinkin phone vibrates for a "Hanging with Friends" notification and I just about jumped out of the bed! LOL
So the next day I, of course, have to try to figure out which baby doll it was. My husband insists it was not one of her dolls because apparently he heard it, too. I listened to the only doll that it could be, and it wasn't quite the same, but it was good enough for me to say it must be that doll (and besides none of the other dolls were it). My husband made a point, though, that yes the doll says "momma" but it follows a sequence, so it shouldn't have said it twice in a row. I was still convinced, though, that this was the doll, and the mystery was solved (well, and the talking was just her talking in her sleep - you can't really verify that one). So, I asked her if she was sleeping with her doll that night (figuring she rolled over it and that's what made it go off). She told me no, because that doll was missing that night. CREEPY! I waited a while and asked her in a different way what stuffed animals/toys she slept with. She told me, and that doll was not on the list, so I said "oh, you didn't sleep with your baby you got at Christmas?" She said "No, I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find her. She must have been hiding." Oh my goodness it just freaks me out.
So "Bob" has me on edge all of the time wondering if any other creepy things will happen. So what about Bob? Could this be a "Bob" or are all the creepy events just totally unrelated? My mind is not set on one way or another, but I can tell you I am certainly more jumpy!!
Ok, those things would creep me out too! I have stories of things like that that happened when I was younger, but guess what I can tell you in person lol! I too scare very easily, I hate that about myself.
ReplyDeleteThe WOW things strange, Rob has been hacked too, it was before he got his authentictor and man they stole everything they could! Glad your hubby's things weren't taken
I have a "Dennis". I'm convinced though, that Dennis is some sort of a guardian angel though just because when I sense him, things of a protective nature occur. I can say this: there have been other times when another "presence" was in the house that didn't feel as friendly. Whenever that happens, Dennis's presence is not felt in the house.
ReplyDeleteJust remember, the bible tells us that all we need to do is call on God to protect us from any evil spirit around us. I've had to call on His protection before. *hugs*
I remember "Dennis." Yes, I do feel confident knowing we are always under God's protection! I don't really feel any "threat," so that is good. I just get creeped out easily! haha
ReplyDelete