Friday, June 15, 2012

Privacy Settings

As you know, I have started posting personal posts on my Pea of Sweetness blog/website now. They are limited to being generally personal and not only what I'd share with friends and family personal - if that makes sense. Well, I have quite of bit of THAT type of personal posts to share. I know I don't share on here much at all. Most of what I have to say/share I share on Facebook. I've had people "Unfriend" me, though, because my life isn't perfect and comes with some drama. Generally that wouldn't bother me, but what some may not know is those type of posts are only shared with those I consider FRIENDS. Not just friends, friends, either, but somebody I trust and consider a "good friend." See, Facebook has a nice way of categorizing people, and if it's someone I don't really know well or have just a casual friendship they are categorized as "Acquaintance" and don't see my more personal posts. If you DO see them (I'm sure you'll know) consider yourself appreciated because you are! I appreciate you enough to trust you with the most pressing issues in my family's life! I have decided, though, that I'm no longer even going to share with my "good friends" on Facebook much anymore because there is a lot going on most don't know about because now I fear if I ask for prayer, vent about my day, etc. I'll be labeled "drama" and intentionally ignored. Since when did a friend's burden become something to ignore? It's a shame really. I can honestly say that even through some of my hardest times I still WANTED to know what my friends were going through - the good and the bad - so I could rejoice with them or pray for them. Why? God gives me the strength to love others even when it feels like my world is falling apart. I know it is a gift with which he has blessed me and not all are blessed with the same gift. Perhaps I tend to dramatize things because I have Borderline Personality Disorder, which is something else I haven't really talked about, but it doesn't change the fact that I do. But yes, "Borderlines" often dramatize things because we actually handle life best when there is MORE drama rather than less. If you're unfamiliar with Borderline Personality Disorder what I just said probably makes no sense at all, but just go with me on this! haha So, in an effort to prevent "drama" I'm going to use this blog as my tool to vent, and I'm going to make it private from now on. If you'd actually like to follow along and keep up with what is going on with our family I will share the privacy information with you (I think it's a password, but I don't know for sure until I switch the settings). I'll be switching it all over next week. Just let me know if you'd like the information. Again, I'm not going to be posting on Facebook much anymore, so for our more detailed, personal goings on this is going to be place for it!

2 comments:

  1. I actually have a seperate blog that I use to post all my private thoughts and feelings. There are many things that I wish I could say on Facebook but you just never know how how people will take so I just dont post anything so I don't blame you for going private.
    I know when I read things you post, it helps me to know how to pray for you and your family and I don't think your a "drama" person, thats just your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know what you do when you switch over. i'd like to keep reading this.

    ReplyDelete